Selecting the Best ECBs & TRMs
for Your Project
Erosion control blankets and turf reinforcement mats are an integral part of an effective sediment and erosion control plan...but they’re not one size fits all.
Select the right rolled erosion control product (RECP) for your project! Join best-selling author and returning speakers Jerry Fifield and Tina Wills to explore the current erosion control blankets (ECBs) and turf reinforcement mats (TRMs) on the market (including their applications and limitations)… AND how you can assess and select the best product for your project.
In this webcast, we’ll explore the erosion control blankets (ECBs) and turf reinforcement mats (TRMs) currently on the market, and assess their applications AND limitations. Within this discussion, Fifield and Wills will provide insight into the assessment and selection key elements (e.g., the different contributing materials, the importance of thickness, the use of substrate for hydraulic mulch, sheer stress considerations, etc.), process steps and best practices, and ECB/TRM inspection requirements. In addition, Fifield and Wills will present examples demonstrating how to select the correct product to install in drainage channels for a “soft armoring” approach achieving sustainable stabilization.
Attendees of this webinar will walk away with the knowledge to thoroughly assess their rolled erosion control product (RECP) options and select the best solution for their project goals.
Attendees can expect the discussion and education of the following learning objectives.
- Learn the different types of RECP products that are available
- Understand what is required to select a the right TRM for soft armoring
- Identify and understand the limitations of RECPs
- Learn the ECB and TRM inspection requirements
* Presentations are scheduled for approximately one hour. Presentations may exceed scheduled time.
* Each state and certification agency has different requirements; it is your responsibility to know what they are.
Note that 1 PDH = 0.1 CEU.